March 8-10, 2013
Hyatt Regency SFO Airport
Special "Conference-in-a-Conference" for elementary teachers and teams of Social Studies and English-Language Arts secondary teachers
- Eight hours of intensive professional development
- Engage in conversation and hands-on activity around best practices to develop students’ argumentative reading and writing skills across disciplines
Join us as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, the Children’s March in Birmingham, Alabama, and other critical events of 1963 relating to the Civil Rights Movement.
- Wonderful guest speakers and visiting scholars
- Conversations with "veterans of the movement", current activists, and fellow conference participants on issues of social justice
- Sessions and workshops presented by expert teachers
The Vision for the College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Framework for Inquiry in Social Studies State Standards aims to provide guidance to state education agencies as they upgrade existing standards to meet the practical goal of preparing young people for effective and successful participation in college, career, and civic life.
- American History
- World History
- Civic Education
- Big History
- Common Core Standards & More
Visit the Exhibit Hall, which stays open through the day both Friday and Saturday, to find a plethora of valuable teaching resources, support for the classroom and for professional development, and ideas you can use the next day and on into the future.