The purpose of the Governmental Relations Committee of CCSS is to...
- Develop and recommend strategies and procedures by which CCSS can advocate for high-quality HSS instruction and policy;
- Advise and assist the CCSS Board of Directors on issues related to legislation and public policy impacting social studies education in collaboration with the CCSS Legislative Analyst;
- Support our members with information, resources, and tools for advocacy of high-quality social studies at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Establish, enhance, maintain, and support the dissemination of legislative information to the CCSS membership;
- Plan and organize the CCSS Confab to be held at the annual conference;
- Select a recipient for the public policy leadership award recognizing the actions by a government leader having a positive impact on social studies education.