The purpose of the Professional Standards and Awards Committee of CCSS is to...
- Advise the Board of Directors of significant developments in the preparation requirements and/or working conditions of social studies teachers which may require response or action by the Council.
- Advise the Board of Directors of strategies to enhance the recruitment and training of outstanding social studies educators in California.
- Identify and disseminate research pertinent to improving social studies education.
- Administer the CCSS awards program in conformity with NCSS regulations and the processes and procedures outlined in CCSS Standing Rules.
- Make recommendations to the CCSS Board of Directors for improvement of the Awards program.